Monday, April 13, 2015

Asian Noodles - Cupcakes - Whiskey - Weed - Phones - Hard Falls - Ultimate Prices

"I simply have no respect for you anymore, and I'm sorry... Terribly sorry that it worked out this way. But honestly that's just the way life works sweetheart. You walked out on me, don't you forget that. My darkest hour... and you couldn't handle me? I don't expect anyone would ever be able to do that, but sure as hell I know that you couldn't and simply didn't want to. You couldn't handle the pain, the stress, your girlfriends asking why there were such large bags under my eyes. You said you loved me, but I think you loved the idea of me. You couldn't put of with the real me, and that's what hurt me the most. Im done with cocaine now if that pleases you. Totally done. But still, I will never allow you back into my life. Goodnight."

A series of squawks were made on the other side of the line, but they didn't last long because he didn't allow them to. He couldn't anymore. Chelsea would always be associated with cocaine to him, or at least a serious time in his life where a great deal of cocaine was consumed. A relapse was the last thing he needed. For once, cocaine was not on his mind. In all seriousness, he thought, he was done with it for good.

Sitting on his leather armchair, Lane walked over to his Bose sound system, inserting the auxiliary cord into his own phone. He knew exactly what he needed to listen to.

He leaned back after sitting down and closed his eyes will Kurt Cobain sang to him, saying, "I need an easy friend, I do, with an ear to lend, I don't think you fit this shoe, I do, won't you have a clue."
He slowly began to fade away as the song progressed to, "I do," in a repetitive manner, drowning and bathing in the himself in the grunge rock sound that originated out of Aberdeen, Washington.

Suddenly, Chelsea bursted into the room. Lane quickly rose out of his seat, and to his surprise, found Chelsea holding a Remington 12 gauge shotgun. She stood silently, staring at him. For a moment, he saw the face of Kurt Cobain flash over Chelsea's... just for a brief moment. She began to sing, "I like it I'm not gonna crack, I miss you I'm not gonna crack, I love you I'm not gonna crack, I killed you I'm not gonna crack."

The shotgun blazed. Lane never even saw her aim due to Chelsea's inhuman speed at shooting. The blast carried Lane through the air, across the room, slamming him into his own window. After a final blast, he was falling from the top floor of Dreamwood terrace. He fell for what felt like an eternity, and as he fell, he saw many different types of people, activities, and lives through the windows that his body passed. Some people were cooking, some were cleaning, others were watching a TV, and one couple was even having sex. His own life was chaos.
SPLAT: THE NOISE A BODY MAKES WHEN IT HITS PAVEMENT

Now he was wide awake. "What a crazy ass dream!" He thought. And then he threw up. All over his favorite chair as well as he somewhat expensive suit he was wearing. Bits of cupcake went everywhere, and the smell of whiskey, as well as bile, was strong.

"What the fuck!"
"Gross. Oh God this is nasty. Damnit."

Quickly the memories of the day flooded back to him.

Earlier that day, Lane and Stanley went back to hole to explore its depths. There was only one way down: a rope tied to a tree generally sufficed. Kids in the town often explored the depths of the hole and used a rope just like this to get down there. As Lane and Stanley descended into the hole, the rope slipped and they fell 20 feet into a small pool of water at the bottom. On the far right end of the hole, there was a tunnel. A sign was posted at the roof of the tunnel, "Stay the fuck out - Lenny." Neither of them were hurt, however, they were both significantly high. Despite Lane's attempts to forbid weed during their hangout sessions, they always found it much easy to truly communicate and understand the importance of wisdom and learning experiences provided by life. They went to a cupcake shop following the falling incident to quench their ferocious hunger. Inside, a woman named Christine claimed she knew him.

It was extremely awkward, for the last time Lane had seen her, he had looked like a piece of shit. Stanley spoke up first, but Lane felt it was necessary to apologize for himself that night at the bar as well as explain part of his life. Christine was too concerned with dressing the cupcakes with extravagant icing, so Lane didn't bother to finish.

Stanley and Lane each order to largest cupcake in the store, called, "The Ultimate Price." They each devoured theirs separately in a mere four minutes. Walking up to the counter, Lane realized he had left his wallet back in his car. Because of his carelessness, Stanley had to pay for those "Ultimate Price" cupcakes, which was by no means an inexpensive mistake. Lane felt a little bad. He really liked this kid.

With his stomach empty now, he walked over to his freezer and unboxed a thing of frozen udon noodles. "Better than hot pockets. Wayyyyy better. MMMMMmmmmm."




No comments:

Post a Comment